Saturday, October 13, 2012

GABA update

It's been 1 month since my last post. It's like the GABA builds up in Kaiden's system. We've cut down to 1/2 capsule in the morning, but he is back on the "up every hour on the hour for 3 hours, sleeps for 2 hours, then up, and may or may not go back to sleep" routine again. I mix his supplements in 8-day packs, so the next time I'll cut back to 1/4 capsule in the morning. At least with cutting back to the 1/2 capsule dosage, he is back to being happy. At the full recommended dose, he was a bitch and a half!!

Kaiden is walking pretty well, when he wants to walk. He can take 20+ steps on his own now, no problem. Because his right hip is loose, he swings his right leg out rather than bringing it straight forward and bending the knee appropriately. But we're working on it and he's getting there. :) GABA is also supposed to help with low muscle tone, and I noticed this morning during bath time that his skinny little chicken wing upper arms seem to be just the tiniest bit bigger. His thighs look a wee bit bigger too, but his diapers still fit the same. We still have 2 weeks to go before his followup appointment regarding the GABA. I wonder what will happen if I have to cut his dosage back so much that it's non-existant?

The experience with GABA has been interesting and a bit unexpected: his food related diaper rashes are absolutely GONE. I get that amino acids are broken down proteins, so thereby the gut doesn't have to work as hard to digest them and it allows the gut to heal . . . makes sense now that doubling his meats was too much protein in his system and caused an inflammatory gut reaction . . . I think. The rash was from his urine, so here then is my latest thought: too much meat = inflamed gut = not breaking down the excess protein = more protein in his urine = diaper rash???? Hopefully the doctor can answer that one for me.

No comments: